I have a unique background that allows me to provide services tailored to the needs of non-profit organizations and social enterprises. Some of my accomplishments include:
- Designing a new legal research and writing model while overseeing dozens of law student staffers as the Executive Director of JURIST, the award-winning non-profit legal news and research service.
- Cooperating with a diverse team to create and present substantive content at the Pittsburgh Haiti Symposium, an educational gathering for Pittsburgh-area entities working for the benefit of Haitians.
- Successfully negotiating hundreds of agreements with non-profit and corporate entities as a university contracts officer.
- Evaluating institutional compliance as a Kiva Microfinance Fellow in Senegal.
- Teaching International Human Rights Law as an Assistant Professor in Ethiopia.
- Working on international criminal cases as a Summer Associate at a criminal defense firm in Kosovo.
- Certificate in Jewish Leadership, Spertus Institute, Northwestern University
- Master of Public Policy and Management, University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public and International Affairs
- African Studies Certificate
- National Preparedness and Homeland Security Certificate, University of Pittsburgh
- Juris Doctor, University of Pittsburgh School of Law
- International and Comparative Law Certificate
- Associate Editor, Pittsburgh Tax Review
- Bachelor of Arts in Art History and French, Case Western Reserve University
I am licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Publications and Presentations
I have published and presented my research into not only nonprofit law, but also sales of endangered animal furs, autism in the workplace, legal education, formation of collaborative networks, and people-centered development techniques.
I frequently give talks on nonprofit risk management, the legal risks of using interns and volunteers, legal issues employees may encounter in the workplace, and other matters. I am grateful to have been invited to speak by organizations such as the Carnegie Library Nonprofit Resource Center, the University of Pittsburgh’s Graduate School of Public and International Affairs, the Allegheny County Bar Association, and the Bayer Center for Nonprofit Management.
- Pittsburgh Chapter of the Young Nonprofit Professionals Network (YNPN Pgh)
- Past Director and Vice President
- Legal Advisor
- Allegheny County Bar Association (ACBA)
- Committee on Exempt Organizations
- Sole and Small Firm Practitioners Section
- Women in the Law Division
- Young Lawyers Division
- Swissvale Borough
- Council Member
- Pennsylvania State Society Daughters of the American Revolution
- State Parliamentarian
“What’s Your Nonprofit Social Media Crisis Response Plan?” – Software Advice
“How to Find the Right Small Business Lawyer” – Fundera Ledger.
“Allegheny County adds properties worth $108M back to tax rolls” – Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
“Goodwill to launch a delivery service” – Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
“Businesses Offering Voting Discounts Are Technically Breaking Federal Law” – How Stuff Works