Whether your board members are seasoned directors or brand new to the nonprofit sector, there is always more to learn about their roles and responsibilities.
Commonly-requested topics include:
- Training the board of a new organization (orientation)
- Risk Management
- Legal duties of board members
- Fundraising law
- Insurance and board member liability
- Financial oversight
- Governance versus management
- Board and officer evaluations
- Strategic planning
- Determining executive compensation
- Managing board disputes
I will work with you to discuss your goals for the training session beforehand, and will provide training that is customized to the specific needs of your organization. I am happy to work with your board either in person or via Skype or phone.
Note: If you are interested in working with me, contact me to schedule a free 30-minute initial consultation. Contacting me does not create an attorney-client relationship.